Industry is a term covering most human activities.
- Manufacturing activities (use raw materials to turn them into objects) is too often considered, wrongly, as the only industrial activity (Aeronautics, Space, Defence, Microelectronics, Automotive, …)
- Agriculture, Wood exploitation and Food are wide industrial sectors
- Transport & Mobility offered new challenges (autonomous vehicles, logistics, …)
- Health involves a lot of new technologies (sensors, actuators, biophysics devices,…) that are very similar to those developed within other domains (additive manufacturing, lasers, …)
- Civil engineering and patrimony are far behind other sectors industrial sectors (robotics, cobotics, remote sensing,…) despite the demand
- Energy sector is a on-going evolving field to adapt to ever increasing demands and big consumer of new materials and processes to reach the aimed flexibility and sustainability.